I love working experimentally, using as many varieties of media and techniques as possible, from gel transfers, to collage, to textural acrylic painting. I frequently paint as if I am making a collage-combining disparate images. For example, one of my favorite paintings combined birds made out of hardware with background images of 17th century dandies. My first career was as a director and teacher of theater. That love has influenced my painting. I am drawn to subjects that are mysterious or evocative: Russian icons, Egyptian wall paintings, and Incan masks. The resulting paintings are sometimes more representational, and sometimes more abstract.
Contact me regarding purchasing or commissioning paintings.
Studied with Gerald Brommer, Jackie MacFarland, Carl Dalio, Carla O’Connor, Betsy Dillard Stroud, Frank Francese, George James, John Salminenen.
- Taught High School Theater 33 years
- Directed and designed 133 productions
- Taught art at the Foothills Art Center in Golden Co., Heritage Art Club in Littleton Co. and Park Hill Art Club in Denver Co.
Awards and Exhibits:
Member of Colorado Watercolor Society
- Kansas 8-2005-Honorable Mention
- Colorado Watercolor Society State Show: 2007, 2008, 2011, 2012
- Gateway To The Rockies: 2008, First Place
- Taos National Exhibition of American Watercolors: 2008
- Colorado Watercolor Society New Trends: 2008, 2009
- John Lennon “Imagination” Award: 2009
- Colorado Watercolor Society New Trends: 2010, First Place
- Western Federation Watercolor Society: 2011, Honorable Mention
- Roxborough Summer Arts Festival: 2012, First Place
- Colorado Watercolor Society New Trends: 2012, Best of Show
- Rocky Mountain National Watermedia Exhibition: 2013
- Western Federation Watercolor Society: 2013, Award of Excellence
- Arvada Fine Arts Guild Exhibition: 2013, Second Place
- International Society of Experimental Artists Exhibition: 2014
- Colorado State Watercolor Society Exhibition: 2016, Second Place
- Gilpin Arts Annual Exhibition: 2017, Best in Show
- Watercolor Magic August 2003 and February 2007
- Watercolor Artist Magazine: February 2013
- Acrylic Works 2 – North Light